James B. Webster, Ph.D.
Homeschooling on a budget? While requiring a bit more parental involvement, this package will allow you to make use of the Phonetic Zoo program for less. (No audio CDs are included.)
An economical way to implement the program, this package includes
- Lesson Cards with all three levels of spelling words and rules
- Personal Spelling Cards to keep track of your student’s typical misspellings
- Zoo Cards that serve as a way to practice jingles or as rewards
- Phonetic Zoo Teacher’s Notes spiral-bound book* (PDF e-book also included)
- Spelling and the Brain video seminar (link to streaming video)**
Click here to learn more about The Phonetic Zoo.
*You can purchase a replacement copy of the Phonetic Zoo Teacher’s Notes spiral-bound book here.
No audio CDs are included. Instead, a parent, tutor, or older sibling can give the spelling words to the student. (See instructions here.)
To implement this program without the audio CDs:
- Read through the introduction and instructions in the downloadable Teacher’s Notes.
- View the Spelling and the Brain video seminar.
- Choose which level you will begin with. Click here for the Spelling Placement Test.
- Click on the level you've chosen below and listen to the Spelling Audio Sample found there. It will give the entire introduction for that level, along with the test and corrections for Lesson 1.
- When you are ready to begin, have your student listen to this introduction and do the first lesson using the sample audio.
- For subsequent lessons, simply follow this model as you give the words and corrections to your child.
Phonetic Zoo Budget Package (No Audio CDs Included)
Lesson Cards, Personal Cards, Teacher's Notes Spiral Book
Lesson Cards, Zoo Cards, and Personal Spelling Cards may not be copied.
Phonetic Zoo Teacher's Notes:
Our duplicating/copying policy for this Teacher's Manual:
All rights reserved.
This downloadable PDF file (e-book) is for use by the original purchaser only. Ownership may not be transferred or sold (except when it is contained in the original CD-ROM accompanying the program). No part of its contents may be modified, reproduced, transmitted from the initial retrieval system, distributed, or otherwise transmitted in any form or by any means including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the author, except as provided by U.S.A. copyright law and the specific policy below:
Home use: You may print this Teacher’s Manual e-book for use within your immediate family.
Small group or co-op classes: You may print this Teacher’s Manual e-book for your own use, as well as copy the student-related materials contained within for use in your own class. A copy of the Phonetic Zoo program must be purchased for each classroom.
Classroom teachers: You may print this Teacher’s Manual e-book for your own use, as well as copy the student-related materials contained within for use in your own class. A copy of the Phonetic Zoo program must be purchased for each classroom.
Library use: A library may print one copy of this e-book, which may be checked out by patrons provided they agree not to make copies.