Most people choose this option, which includes one Teacher's Manual and one Student Packet. You will also need a Spelling Interactive Kit.
What Does My Student Need to Know before Beginning Level 3?
Students should complete All About Spelling Level 2 before starting Level 3. All About Spelling is a building block program: each level builds upon the previous one. In order to build a strong foundation, most students start with Level 1. If you have questions, please contact us and we'd be happy to help!
What will my student learn in Level 3?
In Level 3, your student will continue to learn encoding skills, reliable spelling rules, and multisensory strategies for spelling, along with exciting new concepts including 10 new phonograms, the jobs of Silent E, words with C+l-e syllables, contractions, homophones, consonant and vowel suffixes, and past tense. Phonological awareness and encoding skills are taught throughout Level 3. Below is a sampling in each area:
- Learn phonograms AI, AY, UR, OA, OO, EA, ED, IGH, IR, and EY
- Spell words with C+l-e syllables, such as table
- Spell words with double consonants, such as puzzle
- Spell words with the ending sound of /e/ spelled y, such as happy
- Spell words with consonant suffixes and vowel suffixes, such as thankful and loudest
- Spell common contractions, such as can't
- Spell common pairs of homophones, such as dear and deer
- Analyze ways to spell long vowel sounds
- Categorize the jobs of Silent E
- Identify C+l-e syllable types
- Learn about homophones
- Learn about past tense
- Learn about consonant suffixes and vowel suffixes